Terms and Conditions
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: MyStudentFinance
1. MyStudentFinance – Company reigstered at Gasthuisring 14 22 5041DS Tilburg | Netherlands Chamber of Commerce (KVK) number: 90722558 | VAT identification number: NL004837869B30
2. Customer: the party which MyStudentFinance has entered into an agreement with.
3. Parties: MyStudentFinance and customer together.
4. Consumer: a customer who is an individual acting for private purposes.
1. These terms and conditions will apply to all quotations, offers, activities, orders, agreements and deliveries of services or products by or on behalf of MyStudentFinance.
2. Parties can only deviate from these conditions if they have explicitly agreed upon in writing.
3. The parties expressly exclude the applicability of supplementary and/or deviating general terms and conditions of the customer or of third parties.
1. All prices used by MyStudentFinance are in euros, are exclusive of VAT and exclusive of any other costs such as administration costs, levies and travel-, shipping- or transport expenses, unless expressly stated otherwise or agreed otherwise.
2. MyStudentFinance is entitled to adjust all prices for its products or services, shown in its shop, on its website or otherwise, at any time.
3. MyStudentFinance offers services on the basis of no cure no pay. In the case of no cure no pay, the payment obligation for the customer arises when the agreed result has been achieved.
4. Payments and payment term
1. MyStudentFinance may, at the conclusion of the agreement, require a down payment of up to 50% of the agreed amount.
2. The customer must have paid the full amount within 7 days, after delivery.
3. Payment terms are considered as fatal payment terms. This means that if the customer has not paid the agreed amount at the latest on the last day of the payment term, he is legally in default, without MyStudentFinance having to send the customer a reminder or to put him in default.
4. MyStudentFinance reserves the right to make a delivery conditional upon immediate payment or to require adequate security for the total amount of the services or products.
5. Consequences of late payment
1. If the customer does not pay within the agreed term, MyStudentFinance is entitled to charge an interest of 2% per month for non-commercial transactions from the day the customer is in default, whereby a part of a month is counted for a whole month.
2. When the customer is in default, he is also due to extrajudicial collection costs and may be obliged to pay any compensation to MyStudentFinance.
3. The collection costs are calculated on the basis of the Reimbursement for extrajudicial collection costs.
4. If the customer does not pay on time, MyStudentFinance may suspend its obligations until the customer has met his payment obligation.
5. In the event of liquidation, bankruptcy, attachment or, suspension of payment on behalf of the customer, the claims of MyStudentFinance on the customer are immediately due and payable.
6. If the customer refuses to cooperate with the performance of the agreement by MyStudentFinance , he is still obliged to pay the agreed price to MyStudentFinance .
6. Suspension of obligations by the customer
The customer waives the right to suspend the fulfillment of any obligation arising from this agreement.
The customer waives his right to settle any debt to MyStudentFinance with any claim on MyStudentFinance.
When parties have entered into an agreement with services included, these services only contain best-effort obligations for MyStudentFinance , not obligations of results.
9. Performance of the agreement
- MyStudentFinance executes the agreement to the best of its knowledge and ability and in accordance with the requirements of good workmanship.
- MyStudentFinance has the right to have the agreed services (partially) performed by third parties.
- The execution of the agreement takes place in mutual consultation and after written agreement and payment of the possibly agreed advance by the customer.
- It is the responsibility of the customer that MyStudentFinance can start the implementation of the agreement on time. If the customer has not ensured that MyStudentFinance can start the implementation of the agreement in time, the resulting additional costs and/or extra hours will be charged to the customer.
10. Duty to inform by the customer
- The customer shall make available to MyStudentFinance all information, data and documents relevant to the correct execution of the agreement to in time and in the desired format and manner.
- The customer guarantees the correctness, completeness and reliability of the information, data and documents made
available, even if they originate from third parties, unless otherwise ensuing from the nature of the agreement.
- If and insofar as the customer requests this, MyStudentFinance will return the relevant documents.
- If the customer does not timely and properly provides the information, data or documents reasonably required by MyStudentFinance and the execution of the agreement is delayed because of this, the resulting additional costs and extra hours will be charged to the customer.
11. Duration of the service agreement
- The agreement between MyStudentFinance and the customer is entered into for the duration of 3 months, unless it results otherwise from the nature of the agreement or if the parties have expressly agreed otherwise in writing.
- If a fixed-term contract has been entered into, it will be tacitly converted into an open-ended contract at the end of the term, unless 1 of the parties terminates the contract with due observance of a notice period of month(s), or if a consumer terminates the agreement with due observance of a notice period of 1 month causing the agreement to end at the end of the fixed term.
- If the parties have agreed upon a term for the completion of certain activities, this is never a strict deadline, unless specified explicitly otherwise in writing. If this term is exceeded, the customer must give MyStudentFinance a written reasonable term to terminate the activities, before it may either terminate the contract or claim damages.
12. Intellectual property
- MyStudentFinance retains all intellectual property rights (including copyright, patent rights, trademark rights, design and design rights, etc.) on all designs, drawings, writings, data carriers or other information, quotations, images, sketches, models, scale models, etc., unless parties have agreed otherwise in writing.
- The customer may not copy or have copied the intellectual property rights without prior written permission from MyStudentFinance , nor show them to third parties and / or make them available or use them in any other way.
- The client keeps any information he receives (in whatever form) from MyStudentFinance confidential.
- The same applies to all other information concerning MyStudentFinance of which he knows or can reasonably suspect that it is secret or confidential, or of which it can expect that its disclosure may cause damage to MyStudentFinance.
- The customer takes all necessary measures to ensure that he keeps the information referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2 secret.
- The obligation of secrecy described in this article does not apply to information:
– which was already made public before the customer heard this information or which later became public without being the result of a violation of the customer’s duty to confidentiality
– which is made public by the customer due to a legal obligation
- The confidentiality obligation described in this article applies for the duration of the underlying agreement and for a period of 3 years after the end thereof.
15. Client Unreasonable Termination
In the event that the client chooses to terminate this agreement unreasonably, without any fault or shortcoming of the consultant, the client shall be liable to pay the consultant the following termination fees based on the extent of the services rendered by the consultant:
1. Termination after signing of the agreement with no further actions taken by the consultant:
The client shall be liable to pay a termination fee of 20 EUR.
2. Termination after the agreement is signed and the consultant has delivered the application guide to the client, either via email or over the phone: The client shall be liable to pay a termination fee of 50 EUR.
3. Termination after the agreement is signed and the consultant has not only provided the application guide but also delivered application forms and income forms to the client: The client shall be liable to pay a termination fee of 100 EUR.
4. Termination after the consultant has delivered the application guide, application forms, and income forms, and has either engaged in the application process, provided personal consultation via phone, or the client has submitted the application to DUO with the assistance of the consultant: The client shall be liable to pay a termination fee of 150 EUR.
5. Termination after the consultant has performed all of the previously mentioned services and the agreement period has been active for over a month: The client shall be liable to pay a termination fee of 200 EUR.
These fees reflect the effort, resources, and time dedicated by the consultant up to the point of termination. Termination fees are due and payable by the client immediately upon termination of the agreement. If not paid within 7 days of the termination date, interest may accrue on the unpaid amount at the rate of 1.5% per month or the maximum rate permitted by law, whichever is less. The amounts stated above are exclusive of VAT.
- If the customer violates the articles of these general terms and conditions about secrecy or intellectual property, then he forfeits on behalf of MyStudentFinance an immediately due and payable fine of € 1.000 if the customer is a consumer and € 5.000 if the customer is a company, for each violation and in addition an amount of 5% of the aforementioned amount for each day that this violation continues.
- No actual damage, prior notice of default or legal proceedings are required in forfeiting the fine referred to in the first paragraph of this article.
- The forfeiture of the fine referred to in the first paragraph of this article shall not affect the other rights of MyStudentFinance including its right to claim compensation in addition to the fine.
The customer indemnifies MyStudentFinance against all third-party claims that are related to the products and/or services supplied by MyStudentFinance.
- The customer must examine a product or service provided by MyStudentFinance as soon as possible for possible shortcomings.
- If a delivered product or service does not comply with what the customer could reasonably expect from the agreement, the customer must inform MyStudentFinance of this as soon as possible, but in any case within 1 month after the discovery of the shortcomings.
- Consumers must inform MyStudentFinance of this within two months after detection of the shortcomings.
- The customer gives a detailed description as possible of the shortcomings, so that MyStudentFinance is able to respond adequately.
- The customer must demonstrate that the complaint relates to an agreement between the parties.
- If a complaint relates to ongoing work, this can in any case not lead to MyStudentFinance being forced to perform other work than has been agreed.
19. Giving notice
- The customer must provide any notice of default to MyStudentFinance in writing.
- It is the responsibility of the customer that a notice of default actually reaches MyStudentFinance (in time).
20. Joint and several Client liabilities
If MyStudentFinance enters into an agreement with several customers, each of them shall be jointly and severally liable for the full amounts due to MyStudentFinance under that agreement.
21. Liability of MyStudentFinance
- MyStudentFinance is only liable for any damage the customer suffers if and insofar as this damage is caused by intent or gross negligence.
- If MyStudentFinance is liable for any damage, it is only liable for direct damages that results from or is related to the execution of an agreement.
- MyStudentFinance is never liable for indirect damages, such as consequential loss, lost profit, lost savings or damage to third parties.
- If MyStudentFinance is liable, its liability is limited to the amount paid by a closed (professional) liability insurance and in the absence of (full) payment by an insurance company of the damages the amount of the liability is limited to the (part of the) invoice to which the liability relates.
- All images, photos, colors, drawings, descriptions on the website or in a catalog are only indicative and are only approximate and cannot lead to any compensation and/or (partial) dissolution of the agreement and/or suspension of any obligation.
- MyStudentFinance shall not be held responsible for any content that appears on the website: mystudentfinance.eu.
22. Expiry period
Every right of the customer to compensation from MyStudentFinance shall, in any case, expire within 12 months after the event from which the liability arises directly or indirectly. This does not exclude the provisions in article 6: 89 Dutch Civil Code.
- The customer has the right to dissolve the agreement if MyStudentFinance imputably fails in the fulfillment of his obligations, unless this shortcoming does not justify termination due to its special nature or because it is of minor significance.
- If the fulfillment of the obligations by MyStudentFinance is not permanent or temporarily impossible, dissolution can only take place after MyStudentFinance is in default.
- MyStudentFinance has the right to dissolve the agreement with the customer, if the customer does not fully or timely fulfill his obligations under the agreement, or if circumstances give MyStudentFinance good grounds to fear that the customer will not be able to fulfill his obligations properly.
24. Force majeure
- In addition to the provisions of article 6:75 Dutch Civil Code, a shortcoming of MyStudentFinance in the fulfillment of any obligation to the customer cannot be attributed to MyStudentFinance in any situation independent of the will of MyStudentFinance , when the fulfillment of its obligations towards the customer is prevented in whole or in part or when the fulfillment of its obligations cannot reasonably be required from MyStudentFinance .
- The force majeure situation referred to in paragraph 1 is also applicable – but not limited to: state of emergency (such as civil war, insurrection, riots, natural disasters, etc.); defaults and force majeure of suppliers, deliverymen or other third parties; unexpected disturbances of power, electricity, internet, computer or telecoms; computer viruses, strikes, government measures, unforeseen transport problems, bad weather conditions and work stoppages.
- If a situation of force majeure arises as a result of which MyStudentFinance cannot fulfill one or more obligations towards the customer, these obligations will be suspended until MyStudentFinance can comply with it.
- From the moment that a force majeure situation has lasted at least 30 calendar days, both parties may dissolve the agreement in writing in whole or in part.
- MyStudentFinance does not owe any (damage) compensation in a situation of force majeure, even if it has obtained any advantages as a result of the force majeure situation.
25. Modification of the agreement
If, after the conclusion of the agreement and before its implementation, it appears necessary to change or supplement its contents, the parties shall timely and in mutual consultation adjust the agreement accordingly.
26. Changes in the general terms and conditions
- MyStudentFinance is entitled to amend or supplement these general terms and conditions.
- Changes of minor importance can be made at any time.
- Major changes in content will be discussed by MyStudentFinance with the customer in advance as much as possible.
- Consumers are entitled to cancel the agreement in the event of a substantial change to the general terms and conditions.
27. Transfer of rights
- The customer cannot transfer its rights deferring from an agreement with MyStudentFinance to third parties without the prior written consent of MyStudentFinance .
- This provision applies as a clause with a property law effect as referred to in Section 3:83 (2) Dutch Civil Code.
28. Consequences of nullity or annullability
- If one or more provisions of these general terms and conditions prove null or annullable, this will not affect the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
- A provision that is null or annullable shall, in that case, be replaced by a provision that comes closest to what MyStudentFinance had in mind when drafting the conditions on that issue.
29. Applicable law and competent court
- Dutch law is exclusively applicable to all agreements between the parties.
- The Dutch court in the district where MyStudentFinance is established is exclusively competent in case of any disputes between parties, unless the law prescribes otherwise.
Drawn up on 01 maart 202